The Glass of Water

A LECTURER WAS SPEAKING on stress management. He raised a glass of water and asked how heavy it was. Answers ranged from 20-500 grams.
The lecturer said: "It does not depend on the weight. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s OK. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm.
If I hold it for a day, you’ll have to call an ambulance. It’s the same weight but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later we’ll not be able to carry them as they become heavier.
We need to put down the burden every so often so that we can be refreshed and carry on. When you return home from work, put the burden down. Pick it up again tomorrow."

THE PROPHET (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) engaged in light-hearted moments with his family at home despite carrying the enormous responsibility of Prophethood.

Newer Post Older Post Home