Twenty Dollars

A man came home from work tired and irritated, to find his 5 year old son waiting. "Daddy, may I ask a question?" "What is it?" replied the man. "How much money do you make an hour?""Why?" the man said angrily. "I just want to know. Please tell me." pleaded the boy. "I make $20.00 an hour." The little boy said, "May I borrow $10.00 please?" The man was furious. "If you only want to know how much I make to buy a silly toy, then go to bed. Think about why you're so selfish.!" The boy quietly went to his room. The man calmed down and thought he’d been hard on his son. Maybe there was something he really needed. He went to the boy's room. "Are you asleep?" he asked. "No," replied the boy. "Here's $10.00," said the man. The little boy beamed. "Thank you!". He reached under his pillow, pulling out more crumpled bills. The man, seeing the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The boy counted out his money. "Why did you want money if you already had some?" the man grumbled. "Because I didn't have enough," the little boy replied."Daddy, I have $20.00. Can I buy an hour of your time?"

Newer Post Older Post Home