How Many Sons?

ONE OF THE FUNDAMENTAL beliefs of Christianity is that Jesus (peace be upon him) is the literal son of God. (John 3:16)


ONLY SON?
But the Bible describes other Prophets as God’s sons:

  • Palms 2:7 – David (Dawood) (alaihis salaam) says, "the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son."
  • Luke 3:38 – Jesus (alaihis salaam)’s lineage is given in the Bible as, "Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God."
  • Exodus 4:22 – God tells Moses, "Thus saith the Lord, Israel (Jacob) is my son."
  • I Chronicles 22:10 - "He (Solomon) shall be my son, and I will be his father." So David, Solomon, Jacob and Adam are also called God’s sons!

The Jews, to whom the Old Testament was sent, knew that son did not mean a literal one and didn’t claim these Prophets to be such.


SO WHO IS JESUS PEACE BE UPON HIM?
Matthew 21:11 - "And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee."
Jesus was a Prophet of God: Jesus said in John 10:30, "but go to my bretheren and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."


Thus God is not Jesus, nor is he a literal father. He is described as everyone’s father. So is everyone His SON???

Newer Post Older Post Home