The Eye: Inspiration

GIVE YOUR PARENT'S ROSES WHILE THEY'RE ALIVE, NOT DEAD

MY MOM HAD one eye. I hated her, she was an embarrassment. She ran a small shop at a flea market. She collected little weeds and such to sell; anything for money we needed.
One day during school my mom came. I was so embarrassed. How could she do this to me? I threw her a hateful look and ran out. The next day at school they taunted ‘your mom only has one eye?!’ I wished she’d disappear from this world so I said, ‘Mom, why don’t you have the other eye? Why don’t you die?!’ She didn’t reply. It felt good to say what I’d wanted. That night I went to the kitchen to get water. Mom was crying, quietly, as if afraid she might wake me. I looked at her, and turned away. I hated mom who was crying out of her one eye.
I studied hard, left home and entered varsity. I married, got a house, had kids. Now I live happily as a successful man. Until one day... Who’s this?! It was mom, still with one eye. It felt as if the sky had fallen. My little girl ran away, scared of her. I asked, ‘Who are you?! How dare you come and scare my daughter!’ ‘GET OUT!’ Mom answered, ‘I’m sorry. I’ve got the wrong address,’ and went.

One day I went to a school reunion. After it I went to the old shack I used to call home, out of curiosity. I found mom dead on the floor. She had a letter to me in her hand: ‘Son. I won’t visit you anymore. But would it be too much to ask you to visit me once in a while? I miss you so much. I’m sorry I have one eye, and was an embarrassment to you. When you were little, you lost your eye in an accident. I couldn’t watch you grow up with one eye. So I gave you mine. I was so proud of my son who was seeing in my place. Don't cry for me. I love you so much.’

IF YOU THINK this story far-fetched, then know that this and worse is being perpetrated by Muslim children upon their parents even in our own, civilised society.

NOTE: Organ transplant is not permissible in Islam according to many Ulama.

Newer Post Older Post Home