My Master: Poem

In Defence of My Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam

May my wealth, treasures and life,
My precious possessions acquired after toil and strife,
My very breath, my every drop of blood and more,
Be sacrificed and given for,
A single glimpse of my beloved’s face,
O Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) may I experience your wonderful grace.

O Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam), O wonderful Master,
You helped your people in every calamity and disaster,
You carried the old lady’s load,
Upon your noble back young children rode.
You spoke with the poor and insane,
A smile for all through suffering and pain.
The fathers of disbelief placed thorns in your way,
Intestines on your back when you knelt to pray,
Pelted you with stones till your blessed blood flowed,
Hurt your family in every way and mode.
Yet you cried for the saviour of all, overlooking,
Forgiving, without revenge or berating.

You gave your blood for us, O my King,
For you, your Companions endured the scorpion’s sting,
The strike of the sword and the smite of the lance,
Their worries fleeing with thy blessed glance.
For your honour may I be slain,
Your noble companionship I wish to gain,
A glimpse of your blessed countenance is my ardent desire,
Your company in Paradise the goal towards which I aspire.
May I be graced with your Kauthar water,
Sahaaba for your ablution drops gave no quarter,
Your holy blood they lovingly drank,
How, O how can I thee thank?

I ask Allah, besides who there is no God,
To shower you with special reward.
May all I own and my very soul,
Be sacrificed for this simple goal,
That I be a piece of thy golden sandal,
Or a sliver in your wonderful sword’s handle.
Simple leather and straw made your bed,
On humble food you ate and fed,
Patched clothes you wore,
Your language pure, you never swore,
Never putting on airs or harbouring pride,
Though the Angels walked at your side.

We are ready to give our lives for thee,
O best of Creation, O noblest of humanity.

Newer Post Older Post Home